Thursday 17 January 2008

Editorial interference

I'm having real problems with my editor at the moment. Janet Street Porter would be a breeze to work with in comparison. The last post was published without prior permissions and proof reading by said editor. In the first edition, the editor was displeased with some comments about the age of one of my co-workers. I had foolishly inserted octogenarian instead of septuagenarian. I also had not thanked Pearl for the banquet that was produced on our behalf. I am deeply saddened by my mistake and apologise profusely to those affected by these omissions and if I have caused any offence I will make amends (in your dreams). If the editor thinks she could do better then can I suggest that she stops interfering with my posts and takes up the pen in a rival publication.

No comments: